Welcome to the blog of Mary Brock Jones, SF author.

I also have a website, here


I write science fiction. Some dark, some not so dark. Some short, some longer, some very long. Some have a happy ending, others definitely not.

I also write NZ historical romance novels.They always end happily, even if the journey can get quite bumpy.

It's a nice mix.

Friday, March 12, 2010

Mission accomplished.

It was my day off today. Usually it's Monday, but this week I switched for work reasons. So I had today off, and will have Monday off as well - a 4 day weekend. Bliss. And most importantly, time to go to a cafe and get some more writing done. JK Rowling had it right. There is nothing like a change of location to get the writing wheels whirring again. Three pages later, my characters are back on task, and I can again start to believe I might actually finish this book soon.

Working title at the moment is "Gorge Creek" That is where the crucial action at the end is set. It's a small gully south of Alexandria, where a number of miners perished in a snow storm in August, 1863. And that will be the final challenge for my hero and heroine.

No comments:

Post a Comment