Welcome to the blog of Mary Brock Jones, SF author.

I also have a website, here


I write science fiction. Some dark, some not so dark. Some short, some longer, some very long. Some have a happy ending, others definitely not.

I also write NZ historical romance novels.They always end happily, even if the journey can get quite bumpy.

It's a nice mix.

Friday, August 17, 2012

Countdown to RWNZ conference 2012

One week to go before this year's RWNZ conference. Can't wait. There is the Friday workshop by Randy Ingermanson, the 'snowflake guy'; I have two pitches, one with a NZ editor and one with a US agent. And I have to admit to looking forward to swanning around with a Clendon finalist rosette on. For one weekend, I get to be a sort of VIP.  Small things, I know, but it's a memory I can bring out every time I read another rejection. Boo sucks to you, I can say to the next grotty rejection letter, in those days of feeling miserable after you get one, and before you pick yourself up, and say - onwards and upwards. Or something like that.
Plus there are all the other great workshops, including ones on rejections, ones on blogging, on new technology, a panel talking about their path to publication, and Randy Ingermanson's weekend workshops.
And I get to spend an entire weekend talking writing. So exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment