Welcome to the blog of Mary Brock Jones, SF author.

I also have a website, here


I write science fiction. Some dark, some not so dark. Some short, some longer, some very long. Some have a happy ending, others definitely not.

I also write NZ historical romance novels.They always end happily, even if the journey can get quite bumpy.

It's a nice mix.

Saturday, November 13, 2010

RWNZ Strictly Single contest

I've found out that I've finalled in the RWNZ 2010 Strictly Single contest. Very exciting  - and finalling has the most fantastic reward. For entry you have to send in the first 7500 words plus a synopsis of your book. I finalled for "In Hills of Gold",  a NZ Historical Romance. And the fantastic reward - the 6 final entries are forwarded to Emmanuelle Morgen from Judith Ehrlich Literary Management and Meredith Giordan from Berkley Publishing Group for final judging. How great is that! To get your work in front of a New York agent and a US editor from a major publishing group - wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment