Welcome to the blog of Mary Brock Jones, SF author.

I also have a website, here


I write science fiction. Some dark, some not so dark. Some short, some longer, some very long. Some have a happy ending, others definitely not.

I also write NZ historical romance novels.They always end happily, even if the journey can get quite bumpy.

It's a nice mix.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Climax of Gorge Creek

I have finally started it. I am now writing the climactic chapter of Gorge Creek, my NZ historical romance. I first saw this scene over 3 years ago and it has taken me this long to get my hero and heroine here. Very exciting. It's also a bit scary. In my head, I know exactly what happens now. But can I get that on paper?I once read something a well known NZ writer said about being amazed at what her fingers produced when it came to writing. I know what she means. In your head, you have one story. But when you start writing - and I handwrite, then type onto the computer later - your fingers, characters and story take over, and you never quite know what is going to come out on paper. But that's half the fun of writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment