Welcome to the blog of Mary Brock Jones, SF author.

I also have a website, here


I write science fiction. Some dark, some not so dark. Some short, some longer, some very long. Some have a happy ending, others definitely not.

I also write NZ historical romance novels.They always end happily, even if the journey can get quite bumpy.

It's a nice mix.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Procrastinating

I'm currently in caught-between land. I've just sent off my latest assignment for the screenwriting paper I've done. Hathe, prts 1&2 are finished and waiting for me to get some time off, to spend a day printing them off and post off in submission. No short stories pending. So it's time to get back to my Gorge Creek book and start the 1st edit. Which is why I'm in classic writer phase of 'what else can I do'? Anything, please, anything to put off me opening up and starting the editing. Not that I don't enjoy editing. Just have my head space elsewhere at the moment, still caught up in other stories, and not quite ready to jump into the Gorge Creek space. Maybe I better just dive on in - rather like swimming in Lake Taupo as a kid. There was only one way to do it. Dive in and swim vigorously until the water temperature actually felt enjoyable. So I'm off to dive into Gorge Creek. Honest, really and truly. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment